- How do I make a reservation?
- Before making a reservation, check our calendar for available trips and dates. If there is a trip you want to make a reservation for, contact us via email, phone or our request for information form. Have a few dates in mind and how many people might be in your group. We will contact you if we have availability.
- How far in advance do I need to make a reservation?
- The larger your group, the sooner you should make a reservation. We require at least 24 hours notice for reservations. We are usually booked by Friday for our weekend trips.
- What should I wear?
- Wear clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting wet and/or dirty. Closed-toe sandals or water shoes are ideal. Wear whatever clothes you will be comfortable sitting in for a few hours. Always remember to wear SUNSCREEN!
- Can anyone use the launch and take out locations you use?
- Yes! The Lake Wylie Dam is a public access location in Fort Mill, SC. Riverwalk and River Park are both owned by the City of Rock Hill and are open to the public.
- Why don't you offer trips during the week?
- The Catawba River is a dam-controlled river and the water levels during the week are often unpredictable. Duke provides a recreational release Fridays-Sundays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to give kayakers, fishermen, etc. a predictable flow. We base all of our trips on water levels.
- How do I get to the river?
- Which kayak/canoe trips do you offer?
- During the month of May only, we offer trips at Landsford Canal State Park. Paddlers can either go upriver for an easy trip for beginners or more experienced paddlers can kayak through the Spider Lilies downriver.
- The rest of the summer, we offer kayaks and canoes for DIY trips. You come to our location (in Rock Hill) and grab the boats, do your thing, and bring them back.
- I have my own kayaks but I want more information about where to put-in and take out.